Monday, December 26, 2011

About Shia LaBeouf

I usually don’t like to criticize actors, but Shia La Beouf has gotten under my skin. This young actor has been acting since he was ten years old and lately he has been in the best blockbusters ever!! Transformers 1, 2 and soon 3 (which is coming out 2011), and also Indiana Jones and The Kingdom The Crystal Skull. He’s got a great agent and may have talent, but I don’t like the guy.
Maybe my feeling is unfounded, just like with Richard Gere since American Gigolo. I have yet to see An Officer And A Gentlemen. I am just beginning to admire him now!! He starred in Eagle Eye which was a good thriller but I couldn’t get into it because he was in it!! Now he is in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps with Michael Douglas. It is getting good reviews and I think it will be fantastic as well, but I won’t be so eager to go because of Mr. La Beouf!!!
I wonder, is it just me. He is not arrogant when being interviewed, he is even humble, but there is something about him that rubs me WRONG!!! Many movie insiders he is the next BIG thing–but to me, he is just an actor who has got the best agent in the world. Or did he romance the casting director from more than one movie, to be in position to get the lead role as much as he has?
Now that Transformers 3 is on tap, Shia (sans Megan Fox this time) will have to show either in this movie or subsequent ones, that he can stand on his own as a star. I mean this in the Harrison Ford sense of, without a giant fantasy franchise movie spectacle around him, or an established star to play sidekick to, can LeBeouf ever carry a box-office smash on his lonesome? I don’t actually think so.
Honestly, I can’t pinpoint my dislike this for this actor. I didn’t go to see Shia LaBeouf and The Transformers–I went to see Transformers, with Shia LeBeouf. I want to be fair with all actors, for it is a hard job and I am sure he worked up to his superstardom, but it is difficult. I think he’s got promise, and maybe in twenty years I may like him. Now that the robot franchise is ending (or at least going on with out him in it, from here on out), time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment